Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Counter at Santana Row





So there is this Burger joint in Santana Row that my friends and I decided to try out. It's called "the Counter" and they boast a new way of having hamburgers by letting the customer mix and match many different ingredient and toppings for your personalized burger.

First of all this place is very pretentious, over-priced and over-rated. secondly its over crowded with yuppies who think they are too good to have a burger from in and out.

Secondly the BAR seems to attract most of its high-end clientèle because they boast very clever happy hour drink specials. this is not good however if you plan to dine inside because the people getting drunk can be very loud.

My friends and I ordered each different burgers. I got a well done burger on onion kaiser roll with 3 different cheeses, (Provolone, Swiss, sharp cheddar), topped with scallions and a side of lite mayonnaise.


The Burger was not bad. but the kaiser roll was a bit dry, and the cheeses mixed well with each other. i would have got more toppings but the place is a bit pricey!


From my experience: the concept of this place was interesting but overly pretentious! Will i ever come back? No Ma'am! Maybe if someone took me there and paid in full, but i'm not spending my coinz on "The Counter" ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment